We strongly believe in a responsible, sustainable vineyard management, ensuring the health of the soil and vines now and for future generations. Our Quinta is our home, and the vineyards are part of the Quinta’s wider ecosystem – as it nourishes our family, we do our utmost to encourage its natural vitality and diversity.
- Great care is taken to prevent erosion by planting cover crops and channeling surface rain water away from the steep slopes.
- Our flock of English Suffolk sheep is allowed to roam around the farm in the winter, keeping weeds down and fertilizing the ground as they go.
- Alongside the wine, we keep bees for honey and enjoy our own fruit, vegetables, jam and lemonade.
- We are moving towards a complete elimination of pesticides harmful to the environment, and have recently begun investing in solar panels to power some of the ongoing agricultural operations.
- Our small lake collects rainwater during the winter months. This is used to keep our gardens green and the vineyard cool in the summer. It lies in the eucalyptus forest, which gives the air a refreshing scent and provides flowers for the bees during the winter.