Country:
Region:
Climate:
Soil Type:
Classification:
Type: White
Grape Varieties: 100% Alvarinho
Tasting Notes: Brilliant pale straw yellow colour. Distinct aromas of green apple with a mineral hint of flint-stone. Crisp and lemony on the palate, powerful and complex with a brilliant, vivid mouth-feel. Steely freshness and a good acidity with a persistent finish.
Food Pairing: Great with anything from the sea, delicate fish like sea bass, mullet. Its reserved complexity also complements clams or lobster. Best to serve at 10 - 12ºC.
Alcohol: 13.5% vol.
Vineyard: The Alvarinho sits at the highest point of the farm, next to the sheep’s winter barn. Soils are surprisingly deep here. A special trellising system keeps the grapes cool, emulating their more northerly homeland.
Winemaking & Ageing: Smooth pressing of whole bunches by pneumatic press to extract the best juice, which is allowed to settle for one day at 7ºC to decant the finest must. 80% fermented in steel vat at low temperatures (12-14ºC), while the remaining 20% is fermented in French oak barrels with frequent lees stirring to work on the texture. Part-aged in oak for six months.
Bottling: July 2014
Production: 1,286 bottles of 0.75l each
Footnote: A rare wine indeed. Not only is Alvarinho our smallest vineyard, but each kilo of grapes only yields 500ml of wine.
Ageing:
Total Acidity: g/l
Volatile Acidity: g/l
pH:
Residual Sugar: g/l
Viticulture:
Winemaker:
DSC_6805

www.qsa-wine.com

Get in touch

James Frost (+351) 967 604 496